Bacon-wrapped Hot Dogs

| |

Is there anything better after a late night out, when you come stumbling out of a bar, 6-8 hours since dinner... and from several blocks away you smell a delightful smell of bacon wrapped hot dogs cooked on a sizzling cart.

The story is the same for me every time. I get excited at the intoxicating smell grows stronger and I inch closer to what I can imagine heaven smells like, or maybe the charred fleshy smell of hell is more like it. None the less, I can't resist it. I impatiently wait in the chaotic line, and initially balk at the $4 price tag (I can get this for $1.50 with a soda at Costco!), then I remember that I've been drinking $12 watered-down cocktails all night. Why did I get that last drink, I could've had 3 more of these glorious devil dogs.

I like mine w/ grilled onions, jalapeƱos, ketchup and mayonnaise. How do you like yours?
blog comments powered by Disqus